Financial Help

Our fee structure reflects the educational level of our staff and the high quality of our equipment and facilities.

We know that paying for childcare is a considerable expense for parents and it’s important that you are aware of any help available. There are several options to consider, including the use of working tax credits, employer assistance and entitlement under the Nursery Education Funding scheme for 3 and 4 year olds (15 or 30 hours per week). For more information, you might find this website helpful:

Employer Assistance

Employers are increasingly offering support for childcare through childcare voucher schemes. The money comes directly off your salary before deductions, giving you savings on tax and National Insurance contributions. You should ask your employer if this is a benefit offered. We accept most childcare vouchers, which are paid directly to CLNS and are offset against your monthly fee invoice.

Nursery Education Funding

This is a Government grant, which applies to either 15 or 30 hours per week for 38 week of the year for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. It’s part of a drive to improve early years education and can only be used in Ofsted registered settings. The funding is paid directly to the nursery or childcare provider.

Child Tax Credits / Working Tax Credits

These are available to those on lower incomes to help with the cost of childcare, the amount received is dependent on your circumstances and income. Working tax credits may cover up to 80% of your childcare costs when you use a formal childcare provider (i.e. one registered with Ofsted). To find out more and to check if you are eligible for assistance, visit or call the helpline on 0845 300 3900.

Tax Free Childcare

Support for working families with children under 12. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child, per year. Visit the Childcare Choices website for more information:

New Deal for Lone Parents

This initiative supports lone parents who want to study or look for work with some of the childcare costs whilst they train or look for work. You should contact the Lone Parent Adviser at your job centre to find out more or visit

Help for Low Income Families

Childcare support may be available for families with a household income of under £20k where one parent is working and the other is looking at training or learning on route to employment.